After a varied career in marketing senior management, health supplement industry compliance and university language teaching, Mr. Olsen joined the firm as part of the Labor & Employment section.
Mr. Olsen brings to his practice the experience of running a major corporate department and dealing with legal issues as a non-lawyer in various corporate management capacities. His practice is additionally buttressed by his experience in academic research and teaching. After a period of language teaching at Brigham Young University he was awarded the prestigious Fullbright Fellowship to conduct cutting-edge archeological research in Italy.
Mr. Olsen’s broad academic and multicultural experience, combined with his business experience, uniquely qualifies him to deal with many areas of business, employment and immigration to help clients grow their business, resolve disputes and win cases.
Mr. Olsen has been recognized by Mountain States Super Lawyers as a Rising Star (2016-2017) in the category of Employment & Labor Law.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2012
- Robert M. Bernstein Scholar
- Mundheim Family Scholar
- Volunteer, Campaign for Working Families
Brigham Young University, M.A., Comparative Literature/Classics, 2008
- Fullbright Fellow
- BYU Graduate Studies Fellow
Brigham Young University, B.A., Classical Studies/Philosophy, 2002
- cum laude
- Recipient, University Scholarship
- Recipient, Chemical Engineering Department Scholarship
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar, 2012
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
Affiliations / Memberships
- Utah State Bar, Appellate Practice Section
- Utah State Bar, Dispute Resolution Section
- Utah State Bar, Labor & Employment Section
- Utah State Bar, Litigation Section
- Central Utah Bar
- Salt Lake County Bar
Publications / Presentations
- Article, Notes on the Enforcement of Restrictive Covenants in Employment Agreements, The Salt Lake Enterprise, March 17, 2014
- Article, Enforcement of Restrictive Covenants in Physician Employments/Partnership Agreements, Utah Physician Magazine, February/March 2014
- Presenter, “Legal Issues Raised by International Expansion,” 2013 Salt Lake SHRM Employment Law Seminar