Ms. Patel’s practice focuses on business and corporate matters, with a particular emphasis on health care regulatory and transactional issues, including compliance with Stark, Anti-Kickback, and other Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse laws. Her practice also specializes in health care mergers and acquisitions across a range of providers—including pharmacies, physician groups and specialized health care centers. Ms. Patel also advises hospitals and health system clients on both routine and complex medical staff issues, including those related to credentialing, privileging and peer review and has substantial experience in managing provider relations and structuring various physician joint ventures.
Prior to law school, Ms. Patel worked as a financial analyst for Ernst and Young, LLP and Eli Lilly & Company. Ms. Patel has been selected for inclusion in Mountain States Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” (2014-2015, 2017-2018).
University of Utah, J.D., 2009
Indiana University, B.S., Finance, Business Law, International Business, 2003
Prior Professional Experience
- Summer Associate, Ray Quinney & Nebeker P.C. – Summer 2007, 2008
- Financial Analyst, Eli Lilly & Company, 2003-2006
- Financial Analyst, Ernst & Young, LLP, 2003
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar, 2009
- Colorado Bar Association, 2015
Affiliations / Memberships
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Utah Minority Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers of Utah