Mr. Voorhees is a member of the firm’s Tax, Trusts and Estate Planning and Corporate Sections. Mr. Voorhees focuses his practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, nonprofit organizations, business formation and planning, mergers & acquisitions and taxation.
Mr. Voorhees has been voted by his peers throughout the state as one of “Utah’s Legal Elite,” as published in Utah Business Magazine (2018).
Prior to joining Ray Quinney & Nebeker, Mr. Voorhees was with the international law firm McDermott Will & Emery where he practiced in all areas of estate and wealth transfer planning for high net worth individuals and provided counsel for charitable giving techniques and the formation and operation of charitable organizations.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2012
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- University of Utah, B.A., 2008
Prior Professional Experience
- McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Chicago, Illinois, 2012-2014
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar, 2011
- Illinois State Bar, 2012
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, Primary Children’s Hospital Planned Giving Committee, 2016-present
- Adjunct Professor, University of Utah, Continuing Education Program, Non-Profit and Tax Exempt Law, 2015-present
- Chair, Utah State Bar, Nonprofit Section, 2018-present
- Program Chair, Utah State Bar, Nonprofit Section, 2015-2017
- Director, Murray Education Foundation, 2016-present