Ellen J. Toscano is a director in the law firm of Ray Quinney & Nebeker in Salt Lake City, is a member of the Firm’s Banking and Finance Section and is the past Chair of the Firm’s Business Development Committee. She joined the Firm in 1995. Ms. Toscano specializes in aircraft financing, equipment leasing, commercial law and commercial finance transactions. She has represented lessors and lenders for 34 years, having spent 9 of those years as in-house counsel for First Security Leasing Company (now Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Inc.). Ms. Toscano is a member of the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association, Lease Enforcement Attorney Network (LEAN), National Business Aviation Association, and the Banking and Finance Section of the Utah State Bar.
Ms. Toscano has been voted by her peers throughout the state as one of Utah’s “Legal Elite,” as published in Utah Business Magazine (2007-2010, 2017). She also maintains an AV Preeminent (4.8) rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded to attorneys for professional competence and ethics.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE TRANSACTIONS
- Representation of a bank in a loan secured by twelve aircraft.
- Representation of a leasing company in the acquisition and leasing of a $2.5 million aircraft.
- Representation of a bank in the sale of a repossessed aircraft.
- Representation of a corporate client in the purchase and sale of corporate aircraft.
- Representation of a leasing company in the lease of equipment at a bioethanol processing plant.
- Representation of a bank in the acquisition and leasing of three Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Representation of a trustee in a $1.9 billion aircraft securitization.
- Representation of a leasing company in a $3 million aircraft engine transaction.
- Representation of a fixed base operator in the sale of corporate jets.
- Representation of a fixed base operator in the documentation of Part 135 aircraft charter documents.
- Representation of foreign lenders in the acquisition and lease of seven ATR commercial aircraft.
- Representation of a corporate client in connection with Part 91 aircraft leases.
J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 1982
- Moot Court Member and Moot Court Competition Winner
- President of Law Women’s Association
Dickinson College, B.A., French, 1976
- magna cum laude
Prior Professional Experience
- In-house Counsel for First Security Leasing Company, 1986-1995
- In-house Counsel for Commercial Security Bank (now KeyBank), 1983-1985
- Callister, Duncan & Nebeker, 1981-1983
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1982
- Utah Supreme Court, 1982
Affiliations / Memberships
- Utah State Bar, Banking and Finance Section
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association
- LEAN (Lease Enforcement Attorney Network)
- National Business Aviation Association