Mr. Sorenson is a member of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights and Litigation sections. His practice is concentrated in creditor’s rights and commercial and bankruptcy litigation. His practice includes commercial and trustee representation in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. Mr. Sorenson also has experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in actions involving preference, fraudulent transfer and avoidance actions. As part of his creditor’s rights practice, Mr. Sorenson represents parties in all aspects of collection matters and evictions. In addition to Mr. Sorenson’s bankruptcy and creditor’s right practice, he also represents multiple parties in general commercial litigation, including real property disputes, business disputes, and disputes arising in probate court.
Mr. Sorenson currently serves as President of the Utah Minority Bar Association and as Chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Utah State Bar.
Mr. Sorenson joined Ray Quinney & Nebeker P.C. upon graduation from The George Washington University Law School in Washington D.C. While in law school, Mr. Sorenson interned with the United States Department of Justice, Tax Division.
Mr. Sorenson has been recognized in Mountain States Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” (2016-2018) in the category of Bankruptcy: Business and has been voted by his peers as one of Utah’s “Legal Elite,” as published in Utah Business Magazine (2013-2015, 2018).
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2008
- Intern, United States Department of Justice, Tax Division
University of Utah, B.A., Political Science/French, 2005
- cum laude
- Outstanding Graduating Senior for the College of Social and Behavioral Science
- Beehive Honor Society
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar, 2008
Affiliations / Memberships
- Utah State Bar Association
- Utah Minority Bar Association
- Utah Bankruptcy Lawyer’s Forum
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Professional and Civic Activities
- Executive Committee, Utah Center for Legal Inclusion (UCLI), 2017-present
- President, Utah Minority Bar Association, 2016-2017
- Chair, Bankruptcy Section, Utah State Bar, 2016-2017
- President, University of Utah Alumni Association, Young Alumni Board of Directors, 2015-2016
- Member, Bar Examiners Committee, Utah State Bar
- Former Chair, Law School Relations Committee, Utah Minority Bar Association, 2014-2015
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society – Student Advisory Board, 2008-2012