Mr. Cannon joined Ray Quinney & Nebeker after completing a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Paul G. Cassell at the United States District Court for the District of Utah.
A member of the firm’s litigation section, Mr. Cannon focuses his practice on prosecuting and defending commercial litigation matters. His practice includes antitrust and trade regulation law, intellectual property law, and general litigation.
Mr. Cannon has been included on the list of The Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation and has been recognized as a Rising Star by Mountain States Super Lawyers (2010, 2012-2016) in the categories of Business Litigation, Antitrust Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation. Mr. Cannon has also been voted by his peers throughout the state as one of Utah’s “Legal Elite,” as published in Utah Business Magazine (2010-2012, 2014, 2016-2017).
J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, J.D., 2006
- magna cum laude
- Senior Editor, BYU Law Review
Southern Utah University, B.A., English & Political Science, 2001
- summa cum laude
- National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame National Scholar-Athlete
Prior Professional Experience
- Law Clerk to Honorable Paul G. Cassell, United States District Court for the District of Utah, 2006-07
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
Affiliations / Memberships
- Aldon J. Anderson American Inn of Court
- Utah State Bar, Litigation Section
Publications / Presentations
- Mending a Monumental Mountain: Resolving Two Critical Circuit Splits Under the Americans with Disabilities Act for the Sake of Logic, Unity, and Mentally Disabled, 2006 BYU L. REV. 529