Ms. Ranschau is a shareholder, member of the Firm’s Recruiting Committee, and Co-Chair of the Women Lawyers Group. In her litigation practice, Ms. Ranschau handles all types of commercial litigation with an emphasis on intellectual property and trade secret litigation. She also assists clients navigating employment law issues, including non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, breaches of the duty of loyalty, and misappropriation of trade secrets and other confidential information. Additionally, Ms. Ranschau has experience in issues related to governmental immunity, product liability actions, personal injury torts, and commercial litigation.
In her appellate practice, Ms. Ranschau has prepared briefs for the Utah Court of Appeals, Utah Supreme Court, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court. She has presented oral argument before the Utah Court of Appeals, the Utah Supreme Court, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Ranschau studied in London, then Oviedo, Spain, and later completed a judicial clerkship with the honorable Justice Jill N. Parrish at the Utah Supreme Court.
During non-COVID times, Ms. Ranschau enjoys international travel and dining in crowded restaurants.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE HIGHLIGHTS
- In 2019, obtained summary judgment and dismissal of a damage claim of $150,000,000 against a University research foundation in a trade secret litigation case where plaintiffs asserted over $4 billion in damages in a complex case raising twelve claims against twelve different defendants.
- In 2018, briefed and presented oral argument to the Utah Supreme Court on certified questions and novel issues related to the Utah Governmental Immunity Act and its impact on University owned non-profit research foundations.
She has been recognized by Mountain States Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the category of Business Litigation (2016-2020).
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, UTAH LAW REVIEW
- William H. Leary Scholar
University of Utah, B.A., English and Gender Studies, 2007
- cum laude
Affiliations / Memberships
- CLE Committee Member, Salt Lake County Bar
- Committee Member, WLU Initiative on the Advancement and Retention of Women in Law Firms, 2010
- Member, Women Lawyers of Utah
- Member, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Appellate Practice Section of the Utah State Bar
- Member, Litigation Section of the Utah State Bar
Prior Professional Experience
- Law clerk to Justice Jill N. Parrish, Utah Supreme Court
Professional and Civic Activity
- 2021 Utah Business 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 2021 Utah Legal Elite
Admitted to Practice -
Utah State Bar, 2011
United States District Court for the District of Utah