Jascha K. Clark is a shareholder in the Firm’s Employment and Labor Law and Litigation Sections. Jascha has extensive litigation experience and advises large and small companies on a wide-range of business and employment issues, including hiring, managing, and terminating employees in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, including compliance with Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
Jascha defends clients against claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation; advises on drafting and enforcing employment agreements and employment-related policies, including policies regarding the use of cannabis; and helps provide solutions to various labor relations matters, including collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, and unfair labor practice charges.
Jascha was selected for inclusion in Mountain States Super Lawyers (2019-2020) as a Rising Star in the category of Employment Litigation: Defense.
- Represented large regional bank and obtained complete dismissal, with prejudice, of former employee’s claims disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, and retaliation. (January 4, 2021).
- Represented large regional bank and obtained complete dismissal of former employee’s claims of race discrimination, religious discrimination, disability discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. (January 4, 2021).
- Yanzon v. Birrell Services, Inc. 2:18-cv-00708 (D. Utah May 7, 2019) – obtained summary judgment for employer against claims of gender discrimination, disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, and retaliation. Plaintiff’s claims were dismissed with prejudice.
- Digital Sys. v. Nelson, No. 2:17-CV-293, 2019 WL 366561 (D. Utah Jan. 30, 2019) – obtained complete dismissal of Plaintiff’s copyright infringement claims and an award of more than $48,000 in attorney fees.
- Hicks v. Centuri Constr. Grp., Inc., No. 2:18-CV-00350-PMW, 2019 WL 267470 (D. Utah Jan. 18, 2019) – obtained dismissal with prejudice of former employee’s claim for race discrimination.
- Wilkinson v. Ogden Newspapers of Utah, LLC, No. 180400985 (Utah 4th Dist. Ct. 2018) – obtained dismissal with prejudice of former employee’s claim for religious discrimination and failure to reimburse.
- Branham v. Delta Airlines, Inc., Case No. 2017 WL 460989 (10th Cir. Feb. 3, 2017) – affirming summary judgment granted in favor of Delta on claims brought by former employee, including for FMLA interference.
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Moot Court Board (journal equivalent), Competitions Division, Competitions Advocacy Editor
- Jacobson JD/MBA Scholars Program
- Prosecution Clinic - Southern District of New York, Student Advocate
New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business, M.B.A. with a Specialization in Strategy, 2013
- Community Scholarship
- Leadership Development Initiative Award
- Stern Judicial Committee, Student Representative
University of Utah, Honors B.S., Psychology with a Minor in Ethnic Studies, 2009
- Undergraduate Research Scholar Award
- Social Justice Scholar
- Dean’s List, 2004-2009
Affiliations / Memberships
- Aldon J. Anderson American Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, New York, 2014-2016
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Dee V. Benson, United States District Court for the District of Utah, 2013-2014
Professional and Civic Activity
- Board Member, University of Utah Alumni Association, Young Alumni Board of Directors
- 2021 Utah Legal Elite
Publications / Presentations
- "Effect of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act on Employers" RQN Legal Update, March 2020 (Author)
- “Amendments to Utah Medical Cannabis Act Regarding Private Employers,” RQN Client Alert, March 2020 (Author)
- “Department of Labor Issues New Joint Employer Rule,” RQN Client Alert, February 2020 (Author)
- Effect of Utah Medical Cannabis Act on Private Employers, In Private Practice, Issue 1, 2019
- "Wage and Hour Laws, a State-by-State Survey," BNA Treatise, 2018 (Utah Chapter Editor)
- “Analyzing Leave Requests not Covered by FMLA," RQN Client Alert, August 2017 (Author)
- “Deductions and Offsets from Wages,” Salt Lake City, February 2017 (Presenter)
- “Issues Regarding Independent Contractors and Temporary Workers,” Client Training, Salt Lake City, November 2016 (Presenter)
- “Obtaining Information from Corporate Insiders,” Insider Trading Law and Compliance Answer Book (Practising Law Institute), 2016 (contributor)
- “Can Government Find a Way Around 'Newman's' Personal Benefit Rule?,” New York Law Journal, Jan. 23, 2015 (contributor)
- “Contract Interpretation,” M&A Specialist Series, New York, December 2014 (Presenter)
Admitted to Practice -
Utah State Bar (2016)
U.S. District Court, District of Utah (2016)
New York State Bar (2014)
District of Columbia Bar (2016)
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (2015)
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2015)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (2015)
U.S. District Court, Western District of New York (2015)