Skye Lazaro is an experienced corporate and criminal defense attorney. She is Chair of the Firm’s White Collar Criminal Defense and Cannabis Law Groups. She handles a broad range of criminal cases including domestic violence allegations, sex crimes, drug crimes, property crimes, DUI, white collar crimes, homicide, violent crimes and juvenile defense. Skye has extensive trial experience and has tried over one hundred jury trials throughout her career, including some of the region’s most complex and high-profile criminal matters.
Skye utilizes her corporate and business law experience in assisting “start-up” and growing companies in a wide range of matters including risk management, investment, funding and organizational structure among the many other issues facing new companies. She assists business and health care clients in navigating the complexity of the most current Cannabis laws and also acts as external in-house counsel for select companies and organizations.
Skye occasionally appears as guest co-host on KTalk AM1640 “Talk with Ted – A Show About Nothing” where she discusses a variety of legal concepts and current events.
Skye was included on the list of Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association (2018-2020). She was recognized in 2017 by Attorney at Law Magazine as an Attorney to Watch, and was voted by her peers throughout the state as one of Utah’s “Legal Elite”, as published in Utah Business Magazine (2018). Skye was selected for inclusion in Mountain States Super Lawyers (2020) as a “Rising Star” in the category of Criminal Defense.
University of Montana, Andrew Blewitt III School of Law, J.D., 2008
Affiliations / Memberships
- Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Chair, Utah State Bar Criminal Section
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Utah Minority Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Utah
Professional and Civic Activity
- VOA Volunteer and Advocate, Homeless Youth Resource Center
- VOA Volunteer and Advocate, Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center
- 2019 National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- 2018 National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- 2021 National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- 2021 Utah Legal Elite
Publications / Presentations
- Author, Statewide Gun and Defense Statutes, Sept 2021
- Presenter, "Reopening After COVID," CLE May 2021
- Author, "PPP Loan Prosecution Is Here to Stay", Legal Update, February 2021
- Author, "Legal Implications of Entering the World of Cannabis and Your Professional License –What You Need to Know," Utah Physician Magazine, Nov/Dec 2020
Admitted to Practice -
Utah State Bar
Montana State Bar
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court, District of Montana
United States District Court, District of Utah