Our whistleblower team assists individuals in evaluating and bringing the following types of whistleblower cases:
- Reporting securities fraud, commodities fraud, Ponzi schemes and other financial fraud cases to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act;
- Bringing Federal “Qui Tam” cases under the False Claims Act and the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009, or FERA;
- Tax fraud informant cases reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS);
- Providing information to the Department of Justice concerning significant bank fraud under the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act, or FIRREA;
- Reporting ongoing securities fraud and Ponzi schemes to the Utah Division of Securities under Utah’s recently-enacted “Securities Fraud Reporting Program Act.”
Each of these whistleblower statutes contains a robust statutory reward program that can lead to significant financial rewards for individuals who bring original information about fraud to the state and federal government regulators. Many of these acts also contain critical retaliation protections for whistleblowers.
We have filed a large number state and federal whistleblower reports, several of which have led to successful investigations and prosecutions. We maintain good relationships with prosecutors and investigators within the United States Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Utah Division of Securities, the Internal Revenue Service, and with the Utah’s Attorney General’s Office and work closely with investigators on these cases.
We are also experienced in filing these cases for whistleblowers who, for whatever reason, wish to remain anonymous.
Together we have many years of experience assisting clients with the investigation of these cases, navigating the complex statutory framework relating to these cases, maintaining confidentiality, protecting against retaliation and, where appropriate, filing lawsuits. We have the resources, experience, and expertise to investigate these cases and to represent our clients from the claims process through trial