Ray Quinney & Nebeker’s White Collar, Corporate Compliance, and Government Investigations Section seeks to prevent enforcement actions or criminal investigations through effective compliance programs and internal safeguards and aggressively defends companies and individuals in civil and criminal litigation in either state or federal court involving charges of business crime, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, securities fraud, false claims, computer crime and theft of trade secrets, health care fraud and abuse, and environmental crimes. The group provides sophisticated advice and counseling at every stage of criminal, legislative or parallel civil proceedings and works hard to secure the best possible outcome for its clients.
The scope of the group’s representation includes:
- Preventing enforcement actions or criminal investigations through effective compliance programs and internal safeguards
- Advising clients who have been served with a grand jury subpoena or other legal process compelling testimony or the production of documents
- Negotiating with state and federal prosecutors regarding cooperation and immunity, plea bargaining or the pre-trial resolution of charges
- Representing defendants and witnesses during the trial of any criminal matter; and any other action necessitated by or relating to a criminal investigation
- Conducting corporate internal investigations and audits as part of a comprehensive corporate compliance program; including designing compliance programs and trading plans, conducting internal investigations, and responding to federal and state subpoenas, investigative demands, and compliance audits
- Defending investigations and civil and administrative proceedings brought by regulatory bodies such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Federal Drug Administration (FDA), Environmenal Protection Agency (EPA), and state law enforcement agencies, including the Utah Division of Securities, the Utah Division of Consumer Protection, and the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (DABC)
Ray Quinney & Nebeker’s criminal defense team was included on Expertise.com’s list of the Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Salt Lake City for 2019.